Business »  Topic »  Carlyl Group to invest $235 million on Airtel's Nxtra data centre business

Carlyl Group to invest $235 million on Airtel's Nxtra data centre business


Bharti Airtel (Airtel) and Comfort Investments II, an affiliated entity of CAP V Mauritius Limited, an investment fund managed and advised by affiliated entities of The Carlyle Group (Carlyle) on Wednesday have agreed to invest $235 million in Nxtra Data Limited (Nxtra), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airtel engaged in the data centre business.

The post-money enterprise valuation of Nxtra is around $1.2 billion, and Carlyle will hold a stake of about 25 per cent in the business upon completion of the transaction, with Airtel continuing to hold the remaining stake of around 75 per cent.

The transaction is subject ...


Read the full text thehindubusinessline