In a case of gross negligence, at least 12 kids were administered hand sanitiser instead of the oral polio vaccine drops at a Primary Health Centre in Yavatmal district of Maharashtra, officials said on Monday.
The incident took place on Sunday at Bhanbora PHC (Primary Health Centre) in Kapsikopri village, when over 2,000 small children aged 1-5 years had gathered along with their parents for the polio vaccination programme under the national immunization drive.
According to officials, some of the kids were given oral drops of sanitisers instead of the polio drops after which many complained of nausea, cramps and started vomiting, sparking panic among the parents and health officials there, reported IANS.
The district officials said that three healthcare workers will face action for the lapse.
All the children, aged between 1-5 years, were rushed to the Vasantrao Naik Government Medical College & Hospital for treatment.
“All the children are now stable and…