A look at the headlines right now:
- 125 missing, CM announces Rs 4 lakh compensation for family of those dead in Uttarakhand glacier burst: Trivendra Singh Rawat said that experts will look into the cause behind the disaster.
- TMC’s misrule ‘more fearful’ than Left government, Bengal will show them ‘Ram card’, says PM Modi: The prime minister said that the people had expected Mamata Banerjee to bring changes, but she paved way for ‘corrupt politicians to set up shop once more’.
- Twitter’s India public policy head Mahima Kaul resigns: The confirmation of Kaul’s resignation came amid a controversy in India over a hashtag related to the farmers’ protest.
- Finance minister rejects Opposition charge of ‘selling family silvers’, says Centre has clear divestment strategy: Nirmala Sitharaman said that the government’s aim was to prime the public sector undertakings through its policy.
- ‘Forces abroad with vested interests conspiring to defame Indian tea,’…