Home »  Topic »  Kerala: 3-year-old boy dies after swallowing coin; relatives allege govt hospitals’ negligence

Kerala: 3-year-old boy dies after swallowing coin; relatives allege govt hospitals’ negligence


Kochi, Aug 02:A three-year-old boydied after he accidentally swallowed a coin at his home near Aluva, with relatives alleging that government hospitals where he was taken to had refused to admit him as he came from a COVID-19 containment zone.

Health Minister K K Shailaja termed the incident as "very unfortunate" and directed the Principal Secretary (Health) to submit a report after a thorough enquiry. Stringent action would be taken if any lapses were found, she said in a statement.

Heavy rains likely in 10 districts of Kerala as IMD issues yellow alert

The boy's relatives alleged that ...


Read the full text oneindia