With the advent of the pandemic, more functions, especially weddings, are becoming more private and intimate. What is more romantic than sharing wedding vows in front of the best of well-wishers, closest friends, and dearest of the family?
Experimentations and explorations hit the next level in such intimate functions, and if not in costumes, what is the best way to try them out? The bridal wear market is one of the most celebrated niches of the Indian Wedding market.
And when it comes to grace, elegance, and beauty, no garment can compare with a wedding Saree. These nine yards of pure elegance can make any woman a queen. This article is an easy guide on choosing wedding sarees for a bride from the latest wedding saree collections and how to choose bridal sarees online. As a hub of decorative garments, India offers a wide range of designs.
Five Types of Traditional Sarees for a Bride
These are some of the most popular garments and prints used widely in India for traditional functions. They differ according to the place of origin, print, and weave.
- The Paithani traditional sarees: They are the traditional sarees of Maharashtra. Filled with patterns of flowers, trees, and peacocks and woven in rich, vibrant colors like green, yellow, and magenta, these can be the fine, elegant wedding sarees for the bride.
- Kanjivaram traditional silk sarees: Woven in Kanchipuram district in Tamil Nadu, these sarees are assets. The Kanjivaram saree, set in gold and silver thread works, is that perfectly exquisite saree every bride dreams of.
- Banarasi traditional saree: Banarasi Sarees, which are made in Varanasi, are known for their gold and silver brocade designs inspired by the Mughal era. Woven by the Bengali weavers, the signature borders of the saree make it one of the finest bridal silk sarees of India.
- Traditional pattu sarees: Among bridal sarees, the pattu saree is a classic. Pattu sarees made with pure mulberry silks own a special place in the latest wedding sarees collection for the bride. These exquisite garments, woven with pure gold-coated zari, are popular among south Indian brides.
- Muga Silk Traditional Sarees: Muga silks sarees woven in Assam, a northeastern state, is a slightly yellow color garment. Rich with delicate embroidery, one can find several patterns in these sarees, including flowers, leaves, trees, and Bihu structures.
How to Style your Bridal Saree
It is equally important to wear a bridal saree stylishly to project its beauty and elegance. The right way of styling a saree from the latest wedding sarees collection can give a bride the most stunning look she needs on her special day. These are some tips that will help to style a traditional bridal saree in the best way.
- It is essential to select the right kind of jewelry to get a perfect royal bridal look. It can enhance the charm of the silk saree and adds a feminine touch to the saree.
- Wearing a saree like a lehenga is one of the most trendy and popular ways of wearing it. It can give an additional Bollywood touch to the bridal appearance.
- Keeping the pallu in front is the best way to flaunt the pallu design. This style can simultaneously give the bride a chic look and showcase the full beauty of the attire.
- A classy and heavily embroidered blouse can transform the whole look of the saree and the bride. Pairing a plain silk saree with the heavy brocade or Banarasi saree is one of the best ways to create a subtle style statement.
- It is essential to choose a style to wear this dream attire. Confidence of the bride and weather are factors to be kept in mind before selecting a style. Also, choose comfortable footwear along with a saree as it can contribute a lot to carrying the saree in its elegance. Always choose a color that will go with the bride’s complexion; this will enhance and define the look of the bride. Choosing the right makeup and hairdo can do wonders to the appearance of a bride. This particular area offers a plethora of opportunities when it comes to styling sarees for wedding functions.
Things to Keep in Mind While Buying Bridal Sarees Online
- Do a thorough search through numerous websites. Try to choose a reliable website to avoid risks.
- Have a clear idea about preferences and choose accordingly.
- Know the difference between different types of sarees. Make sure to choose from the correct category.
- Sort the choices and make sure to compare pricing.
- Read about shipping, cancellation, and refund policies before making the final decision