₹61 crore recovered from illegal beneficiaries, says Mr. Tomar
So far, 5.38 lakh beneficiaries of the PM Kisan scheme in Tamil Nadu have been found ineligible and a total of ₹61 crore has been recovered from them, Minister for Agriculture Narendra Singh Tomar informed the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
A total of 47, 41,932 farmers enrolled in the scheme in Tamil Nadu as on September 20, Mr. Tomar said.
In a written reply to DMK MP P. Wilson’s queries whether more such fake beneficiaries had benefited from the scheme across the country, Mr. Tomar said that was not the case, and reports of ineligible persons registered in the scheme had been received from the government of Tamil Nadu.
“Of 5.95 lakh beneficiaries’ accounts verified till September 15, 5.38 lakh beneficiaries were found ineligible,” Mr. Tomar said.
The Minister further said some unscrupulous elements had…