New Delhi: In a major breakthrough in the 15-month long military stand-off in Ladakh, Indian and Chinese troops have pulled back from the third friction point, Gogra. The disengagement of troops carried over two days was completed on Thursday.
“The troops of both sides are now in their respective permanent bases,” the Indian Army said in a statement on Friday.
All temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides have been dismantled and mutually verified. The landform in the area has been restored by both sides to pre-stand off period.
“With this, one more sensitive area of face-off has been resolved,” said the Indian Army.
The troops from China and India have been engaged in a face-off situation in Gogra since May last year.
During the 12th round of the Corps Commander meeting on Saturday held at the Chushul-Moldo border meeting point, there was a detailed discussion on disengagement of troops from Gogra.
“As an outcome of…