A look at the headlines right now:
- No chief guest on Republic Day this year due to Covid-19 – a first in 55 years: India had initially invited British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, but his trip was cancelled after a new strain of the virus was found in the UK.
- Bhupinder Singh Mann recuses himself from SC panel, says ‘will stand with my farmers’: Farmer unions have refused to hold talks with the court-appointed committee, saying that the members were ‘pro-law’.
- PM Modi to launch coronavirus vaccination drive at 10.30 am on Saturday: Around 100 people will get inoculated on the first day at each of the 3,006 sites across all states and Union Territories.
- Munawar Faruqui did not joke about Hindu deities, but it ‘doesn’t matter’, says Indore SP: The police officer said that the complaint against the comedian was made on the basis of jokes overheard during rehearsals.
- Dushyant Dave resigns as SC Bar Association president, says he ‘forfeited right…