The acronym VFX stands for “Visual Effects” which is often shortened to “Visual FX”. Visual Effects (VFX) is creating, manipulating, or enhancing images for any film or any other moving media that is not shot during the live-action shoot. VFX entails the amalgamation of actual footage with this manipulated image to create an exaggerated yet realistic environment, characters, elements, action situations, etc. that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to create in real life.
VFX team communicates with the production team including producer, director, and cinematographer about the requisite scenes that need to be shot with green screens, and during post-production, VFX is taken care of.
- Visual awareness and artistic ability along with eye for detail
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passion to learn and good time management skills
- Understanding of techniques and technology coupled with knowledge of various software-2D, 3D animation software, etc., Linux/Unix based computer operating systems
- Problem-solving approach
- Undertake blue/green screen extractions using Photoshop etc.
- Photographic skills, including an understanding of composition, depth of field, shutter speed, lighting, aperture, and framing
- Ability to interpret feedback and make requisite improvements
Top 5 reasons to consider while applying for the VFX course in Bangalore
- Growing Demand: Immense opportunities in the market
- By the fiscal year 2024, the VFX & Post-production industry is estimated to reach 147 billion from 79 billion in FY 2020.
- According to the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) media and entertainment industry report, the Indian animation and visual effects industry can capture 20-25% global market share by the year 2025 from its current 10% global market share.
- Bangalore, the Industrial hub:
- The hub of the Kannada media, film, and advertising industry, Bangalore offers many internships and job opportunities for students applying for VFX courses in Bangalore.
- The Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore is home to lots of IT companies. Besides this, there are lots of MNCs, startups, and e-commerce firms that present lots of options in terms of ad-film making and other OTT platforms. Again a catalyst in providing relevant exposure to students taking up VFX Animation courses in Bangalore.
- VFX presents a platform for youngsters to express their creativity, skills, and talents. Besides this, it also offers lucrative salary packages.
- VFX Animation is a modern-day career option that is here to stay. Besides this, VFX animation is adaptable to different areas and industries like gaming which again is growing at a fast pace, thus creating huge opportunities.
- KPMG India report says that the online gaming segment is projected to grow at a CAGR of 21 percent and reach Rs 29,000 crore by FY25 from an estimated value of Rs 13,600 crore in FY21
- College Options: Before applying for a VFX course in Bangalore, one must make sure of the following:
- College must ensure live projects to build a portfolio
- Certification recognized Nationally as well as Internationally
- College must offer competencies in the latest technologies as well as software
- Regular masterclasses with industry experts/stalwarts
- Comprehensive internship and placement program