Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the key to true automation and intelligent systems. With passing time, AI has been used in marketing, robotics, medicine, factories, banking, and even in our homes. However, as we are progressing towards more complex and advanced applications of AI, developers and companies around the world are facing multiple problems in coping up with the computing power and the structured data required. As important as it is to obtain the data and hardware resources to empower AI, companies are in dire need of skilled AI engineers and developers alongside skilled Data analysts or Data miners as well. One can definitely opt for a specialized Artificial Intelligence course in Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Pune, or online in order to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to contribute to this enormous and valuable field.
Other than the requirement for skilled human assets, data scarcity, hardware limitations, and integrity issues have been coming up more as we advance towards a future where AI exists everywhere, allowing humans to put in less effort and making tasks easy.
Current trends in AI
AI is almost everywhere now and with developers making advancements in the field through Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and frameworks such as Artificial Neural Networks, one can easily assume that we will be seeing the applications of AI increasingly more, even in the places where we least expect it. AI increases productivity and assists many processes in multiple fields. AI has already taken over factories, production lines, analytics, customer care, marketing and can execute tasks that only humans were capable of effectively performing. AI is already empowering things that humans are not capable of doing, ranging from advanced predictions or forecasting to solving complex theoretical or real-world problems. Let us briefly look at the current trends in AI.
- Advanced robotics and autonomous machines not needing human supervision. More robust application of AI in accident-prevention and autonomous vehicles.
- We will be seeing a massive increase in the applications of AI in Augmented Reality and Augmented Intelligence. This will also empower new technologies, services, and devices, allowing us to step into a world with highly advanced machines and truly digitized experiences.
- AI with the help of Generative Adversarial Networks is empowering the creation of images and graphics that have not existed priorly.
- Increased application of AI in Cloud computing. AI will assist supercomputers more intensely through Quantum Computing.
- With more homes adopting smart devices, the Internet of Things will be focused upon increasing more, allowing companies to gather more accurate data and produce better hardware. Smart homes will become increasingly common and smart devices will become autonomous in nature.
- Companies will start adopting RPA or Robotic Process Automation to automate business processes, thus decreasing costs and increasing efficiency. We will also be seeing more hybrid workforces.
- More advanced text processing and language processing, further improving AI to tackle human-machine conversations or simply to understand users and commands better.
Top challenges related to AI
There are many challenges companies and developers face when working with AI, especially when trying to sustain intelligent systems in outdated hardware. With the increasing complexity of AI implementations, there is a dire requirement for processing and computing power. Even with more powerful IT infrastructures being available, they require enormous funding and resources that many smaller firms and companies are not able to afford, thus making humankind lose out on many innovations and progressive integrations of AI that we could have enjoyed. There are many skilled developers and firms with innovative concepts for applications of AI, however, research and development needs to go into mass-producing sustainable and cheaper hardware to support this. Here are the top challenges that are keeping us from rapid or more advancements in AI.
- The biggest challenge that companies and developers are facing when it comes to AI can be narrowed down to the lack of data. The scarcity of quality data is one of the biggest problems when working with AI, hampering development, machine learning or the results. Unavailability of structured or relevant data stops the progress which in turn affects the whole process. Loss of data and the lack of clean data is also a huge concern when it comes to AI.
- The most important and integral part of integrating AI wherever possible is making people trust it and depend on it. Without transparency and a better understanding of AI, we will never be able to reach the true potential of AI. A huge percentage of people are still not willing to accept AI or they do not trust it. Many people feel like AI can be a threat in the future or can be used to deduce private information. This is not true and AI is one of the best things that modern technology can offer to us. Privacy is also a concern that is related to the trust placed on AI.
- Like mentioned before, the lack of infrastructure and hardware to support AI is one of the biggest challenges that companies are facing. Whether it is due to the lack of required hardware or due to budgetary restrictions, we are still not quite there where the required architecture and processing or computing power is readily available. This also brings us to another related problem, the lack of investments and limited budgets.
- The final problem is security, with growing cyber-security concerns appearing on a daily basis. This is an issue that has been affecting progress and companies in general for decades now. From the risk of sensitive artificial intelligence integrations being manipulated or hacked into to the prevalent concern of data leaks, security and integrity are two main hurdles in our progress.
Needless to say, challenges exist for us to overcome them, allowing us to grow in the process and learn many new things. Challenges end up pushing us beyond our limits and allow us to reach higher than ever before. We can definitely be confident that AI will reach new heights and make extraordinary progress once we are victorious against a few of these major obstacles that we are facing currently.