The March 4 order asked professionals such as journalists, engineers and researchers to notify the Ministry about their activities in India.
The Home Ministry’s March 4 order that required professional Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) such as journalists, engineers and researchers to notify the Ministry about their activities in India has left them in the lurch.
A portal that was to come up for the purpose is not operational yet. A Ministry official said it was delayed as several officials in the Ministry’s foreigners division tested positive for COVID-19 in the past month. A director rank official, A. Radharani, succumbed to the virus last week.
Also read | Centre eases guidelines for OCI cardholders
The official said the OCIs could intimate the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) through e-mail till the portal is activated.
Rajanna Sreedhara, president of Association of Resident OCI and Families (AROCIF), said that they were planning to challenge the Ministry’s…